Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

November Conference

I just sent in my email of acceptance to the company and I will be going to the November Conference like I had originally planned! The boss man is so good! For a while I started to doubt whether or not He had called me to go through the teaching program.

This past weekend I took a group of girls to Revolve, and while there I saw a video from World Vision, and I decided that on Monday I would start applying to other companies if I didn't hear from the boss soon. Little did I know that I had my acceptance letter from the compnay was at home awaiting me in the mailbox since Friday afternoon.

He is so good.

I am still not 100% sure where I am going to end up overseas, but I am claiming the promises that He gave Habakkuk when He said, "Look at the nations and watch- and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." I want Him to have plans like that for me on my teaching position! I know that I will probably face a little of what Habakkuk faced in Judah, but I know that I too can be like him. For Habakkuk went to the Father on behalf of the people, he went to Him for people who were fully corrupted, even to the point of sacrificing their children to idols. I know that I cannot even comprehend the task ahead of me, but I know I will be able to withstand the task because I have a faithful Boss on my side.

"I have heard of Your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds... Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy." Habakkuk

3 comments:

Caleb Fleming said...

that is my favorite verse! Our prayers are with you while you make a decision!

Unknown said...

thank you very much Caleb!!

Unknown said...

ALEXA!! That is so amazing and I am so totally excited for you! I know that God is with you and you are going to do amazing things. Wherever you end up, those people will be truly blessed to have you there because you are such a wonderful person and you know I love you so much! I'll start praying now that God will prepare the way for you in all you do and we need to hang out soon and catch up!

love you girl! so proud of you!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com