Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

God Provides

God is so good to provide for me girls that I can just sit back and laugh with a recklessness, which is something I haven’t done since I left home! I love that and I’ve missed it so much. It has been a little hard here for these past few weeks, but like always, God provides. He has provided me lifelong friends, and I know that I will always keep in touch with these amazing godly women.

This week in our sessions, we are focusing on church planting. It is so true that God has called us to be fruitful and multiply, but so many times, we are just complacent and satisfied with our lives and happy with our casual addition to our numbers. We do not go out and reach the lost. I realized today that I have just been sitting back, and my short little two-week trips are nothing. Yes, they are great, but I feel like most of them only boosted my knowledge, self-esteem, or pride. Of course, I came away with a greater awareness for missions, and God can definitely use those trips for mighty ways, but many times, I think I’ve used them as a chance to see the world, not reach the lost. Yes, I have already answered the call, but my previous trips were nothing compared to what needs to be done. There are so many lost people groups, and not many church members are answering the call to reach them.

What are you doing to reach them?

2 comments:

Tami VanHoy said...

Funny...I have been having similar thoughts in my time with the Lord. It has been impressed upon me that for the last few years God has been asking me to step out and speak up with the message He has put on my heart, but I have been sitting back and waiting for the audience to come to me. They come, in spits and sputters, but what I realized was that God was saying 'get up and do something...yell...tell...stop waiting in the corner for someone to notice".

So you go girl. Yell, tell and go to those that need to hear your heart! And I'll start stepping out of my comfort zone along with you! We are all here to make a difference in the Kingdom of God. How exciting is that!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Tami!! I'll be praying that you have opportunities to say something! :D

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com