Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Habits

I realized just the other day that I only have 2 and a half more weeks of training and I could stay here for longer than that! I do want to get to Russia, but I love it here. Our Father has shown me so much the past couple of weeks, and I have been watching and listening.

Something He revealed to me is that this time has been a chance to break old habits and start new ones. It's not that I had any bad habits(ie:smoking, drinking, drugs), just not ones where I used my time productively or ones that helped me grow, you know things like vegging out in front of the tv, spending way too much time on the internet, or reading my fictional books. Those things are fine, but when you spend too much time on any of them, it's not good. So these past few weeks have been a great time of evaluating my habits, changing them for the good.

Overall, I am ready to come home for a few weeks, but I could stay here for a while longer. God has been good, and to tell the truth, the person I miss the most, is my dog, Brinks. Yes, I did say person. :) I can easily make it through the next two plus weeks, and I am still asking for prayers to help me continue to be focused and listening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sending me the link to this blog site! I didn't know about it but will be checking it often. I am so proud of you and all that you are learning and preparing to do in the near future. I love ya!
Aunt Lisa

Sonya said...

when I had a dog during college, my dog would be the one i missed the most lol...so i can understand you! i'm glad you're loving your time here!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blogs and being able to keep up with you. How fun and what a great thing you are doing. I know you are excited and this is just the beginning. Hopefully we will see you soon back home before you take off to Russia!
Love ya,
Lacinda.

Unknown said...

Yes I will be home before I fly around the world! I just found out that I will get to see Audie as well!!! Yay!!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com