Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Brother Timothy

I’ve been reading the second letter to Timothy that Paul wrote while he was in a Roman prison. He warned Timothy of what the last days would be like, and how much godlessness there would be with people being “lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers o f pleasure rather than lovers of God” and the part that struck me the most, “having a form of godliness but denying its power” (2 Timothy 3). Wow, doesn’t this sound like the world today? I thought of Paul warning Timothy about these things that would happen, and I realized that all he warned Timothy about is happening today and is a warning for me. He told Timothy that when these things arise to continue going on the way he was raised, to continue believing what he was taught about the Bible and of God and to continue sharing.

I got to thinking and I realized I’m a lot like Timothy. I was brought up in the church with sound Biblical leaders who taught truth. I was raised to share the gospel of Jesus, and the for eternal life and salvation from death, one has to accept Jesus into their life as their personal savior. I’ve been trained on how to share and to teach it when I studied at DBU, and yes I’ve even learned how to use it when rebuking and correcting. So I’ve got all of this, just like Timothy and now it’s my turn to continue to share it even when being persecuted. I’ve been thoroughly equipped, and I should be completely competent.

So did God give all this to just me and Timothy? Nope, He also gave it to you too, other Christians that have been brought up on Truth and have been trained. Even if you don’t feel it, you are thoroughly equipped and completely competent, you are lacking nothing to reach the lost.

So, what’s stopping you?

Fear?

“When I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?” –Psalms 56:3


Timidity?

“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.” -2 Timothy 1:7

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I might be able to stomach any of the gem replica watches sale if the entire bezel was set in a single color. But this kaleidoscope is a horror of something worse than simple bad taste. But to each his or her own many someone with more money than taste will like it and wear replica watches to a rainbow coalition event. Some individuals found that the electromagnetic fields emitted by the equipment around them wreaked havoc on their wristwatches. Works by rolex replica sale electromagnetic charges throughout the cage conducting material, thus neutralizing the effects present inside the cage. Style and lightning bolt shaped seconds hand made hublot replica aesthetically fitting for those whose career revolved around the pursuit of speed. Submariner replica watches of watches, which competed directly with the 2018 replica watches and consequently hindered its sales.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com