Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Ruth

I want to be like Ruth, I want to believe so strongly in my beliefs and convictions that I would be willing to walk away from not only my family and friends but from my way of life, from everything familiar, and leave my culture behind. I've already done that to some extent, but not fully, not like Ruth. I have modern conveniences that help me, and I can always hop on a plane and be home the next day. She didn't have that. When Ruth left Naomi, she didn't say goodbye for a year or two, she said goodbye. All she had was Naomi and a future of working hard and struggling each day to provide for the two of them. It wasn't the brightest future, yet she went willingly.

I want to be like Ruth, I want to have that much faith, enough faith to leave it all behind and to even embrace a life of hardships and hard work, to serve Him.

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com