Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's Official!!

I have been accepted and am going for sure to Russia!! After I got my acceptance letter, I thought back to the time when I first read about this job opening. Our Father is so faithful and loving, and He knew back, almost 6 months ago, that this was the perfect job for me (I'm just glad that the company agrees). Father even knew back then that I would need a roommate while there, and he provided an amazing sister who is totally ready to serve Him.

I was talking with a friend last night telling her how I can't wait to get over there, and she responded by saying, "I know, it's in your eyes. They sparkle when you talk about it." I didn't know that my eyes sparkle when talking about Russia, but I do know that I am called to this people group and culture...I think I might have a little Russian in my blood! :)

Yes, I know that I will be challenged, especially by the opposition, but I know that Father will be with me every step of the way!

Okay things you need to know/pray about:
-I'm leaving late January for training for two months and then will leave straight from VA for Russia around April 6th.
-Pray that I will pack everything that I need...packing for two years is a very daunting task!!
-Pray for my roommate Julie and I, that our Father will be in the middle of it, and that we will be used in many amazing ways.
-Pray for training...I'm kinda nervous about it, and I feel like I'm going back to school again...yuck!

THANK YOU everyone for your thoughts on my behalf! Oh, and I should be speaking to the company before I leave, so you'll want to be there for that!

Much much love!!
Your Russian Chick

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com