Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blisters

It's amazing how God can use two blisters to bring you closer to a prickly co-worker. Friday, I decided to wear this pair of cute flats to work, by the middle of the morning, I knew it was a mistake. I had a blister on each heel.

My days are pretty much packed with one class after another, and I knew I didnt have time to run back to my room to change my shoes. When my next class arrived, my prickly co-worker also arrived with them. As we were working together in the classroom, I decided to ask her if the school doctor had any band aids, and from there we started talking about shoes and wearing high heels (both of us hate them). We found something in common, and by the end of the class, we were smiling and laughing. I never thought I would be thankful for blisters!

This was a little victory, because I know that come Monday, there is a good chance that it might not be all smiles and laughter, but I will continue to pray for her. I want her to know the joy that only comes from God! I want her to be able to find joy in her life as it is now, even though it isn't what she has always dreamed and longed for. I pray for her to have peace and to thrive in the place that God has planted her!

Will you please pray this for my prickly co-worker as well? Let's see what happens when "two or more are gathered in His name".

4 comments:

Bud & Mary said...

Ahh my friend in Russia...
You just brought back some great memories with one little word I had not heard but one person use it, and she used it on herself... "Prickly!" lol

My husband's 90 year old Uncle was talking to his wife in the kitchen and she said "Now Louie! I'm just a bit prickly this morning.."
Cracked us up..but we knew this sainted woman of God was warning her husband...as sweetly as possible. lol
Soooo many people need Jesus all over the world, don't they?
Keep Keeping on... and prayers your way...
Love in Christ, MJ

Brooke said...

ALEXA! It's been forever, but I'm so glad I found your blog. It's encouraging and I will pray for your co-worker. Love you and praying for you!

Unknown said...

MJ! Thank you for your prayers!! I don't usually use the word prickly, but it applies to this person! It isn't a word used very often, but I guess when it's used it gets it's meaning across very well! :) Thank you for the continued prayers and love!!
Alexa

Unknown said...

Brooke!!! I'm so glad that you found my blog!! I miss you and I hope to one day see you again, and meet this husband of yours! Thank you for your prayers and I'll be praying for you as your are in this new chapter of life!
Love ya!
Alexa

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com