Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Leaping Into The Unknown

It's hard to have faith. Oh it's easy to talk about, and it's easy to claim that you have it, but it's a lot harder when you have to step out in it. It's hard when you have to trust God and you need to make bold moves without complete assurance.

Lately, I've been questioning what comes next in my life. The last two decisions to live in Russia came pretty easily, but not always quickly. The first time, I heard God calling me to come to Russia, it took me about 10 years to get here! But, I knew my calling, it was clear, and God affirmed it several times, in several different ways. Then the second time, it was also clear and God provided everything, and thankfully it didn't take me nearly as long to get back here.

For this next chapter of life, I'm not really sure what to do. I have a general idea, but it seems almost impossible! It's going to take a lot of faith.

Faith to rely on God and His will for my life. Faith to know what I am desiring comes from God. Faith to be obedient and to take that huge leap into unknown territory.

So, I guess I'm asking for prayers that my desires are God's desires. Also, I want to be obedient and take that huge leap, even though I have no idea where I'm going to land!

11 comments:

Laura said...

My Sweet Alexa,

Isaiah 30:21 "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way, walk in it."

I love you...

Anonymous said...

SOUTHWESTERN with your two brothers!

Shera said...

You can always move to San Marcos, TX and live with me! :)

Anonymous said...

Jump, Alexa, Jump!! (Thought I would never say that to anyone.) ;o) God will be there. Go for it!

~your favorite Moldovanka. :o)

Anonymous said...

Do what you feel is right, lean on God and LEAP to the unknown!! the unknown might bring you too something u never thought of happening!! God has a PERFECT PLAN! I'm prayinng for you so you will have guidance and a clear understanding!! Ju trust THAT perfect plan!!
Jump 'Lexa Bugg JUMP!!


love you!! Tampa Jade! <3 miss ya!

Brooke said...

Praying for you girl! God always comes in right before it feels hopeless. Keep holding on! Love ya :)

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone for the comments and all the prayers and support! I think that the image of the future that God has for me is coming more and more into focus. Thank you, thank you!!

Unknown said...

Shera...don't make an offer unless you are willing to suffer the consequences! Lol! :) No really, thank you for the offer! I'll definitely keep it in mind when I come back to the States in June! Thanks girl!! If I don't move in with you, I'd love to come visit at least! :D

Shera said...

No worries Alexa! I don't make offers unless I mean them. :) If you don't move here, I definitely expect you to visit! :)

Unknown said...

Good! Then, when I get home we'll have to catch up! I miss talking with you girl!!

Shera said...

I'm looking forward to it Alexa! Don't let me down! :)

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com