Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Stories...We've All Got 'Em

At our school, we have this hard working man, who is definitely a Jack-of-all-Trades. He knows how to fix basically anything.

Tonight, I just happened upon him in the hallway and we started talking. One thing led to another, and I found myself a few minutes later, sitting and talking with this man and my brothers, and he was just pouring out his history to us without us even asking one question.

I knew that he wasn't originally from Russia, and I'd been told he was from the 'Stans, but I didn't know which 'Stan.

As we sat there and talked about many things, from holes in the shower to "meat", I learned that there was more to this man than the world sees. He's from Kazakhstan and comes from a family of teachers, his mom is a doctor, and his brother owns a window factory. He taught for six years, teaching elementary children, and then decided to move to Korea. He loved Korea but he couldn't keep his visa and was deported, not to Kazakhstan, but to Russia, because it was cheaper. He was unloaded from the boat, he grabbed his two suitcases that held his entire world, and he walked into a new unfamiliar world.

He knew no one. He didn't have a job. Or a place to stay.

I didn't find out his entire story, but I know that God allowed him to experience all of this and planted him eventually at a Christian school. He is surrounded by missionaries, and he attends the weekly church services, and some of the Ms here say that he has repented and is a believer. Where he grew up, the main religion is Islam.

I can't help but wonder at God's working in this man's life.

It makes me stop and think about my own life, about those times I questioned God's plan for me.

Thank you, God, for the reminder that you are in control of everything. Also, thank you for reminding me, that everyone has a story, and that I need to stop and listen to them from time to time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is a signifier that the watch is water resistant. Of course, the rolex replica sale Submariner is more than just that. Originally designed as a commercial diver's watch in the 1950s, the rolex replica sale Submariner today has a water resistance of 300 meters and a design that is incredibly similar to the original. This design that mixes sport and professional looks is one of the key factors to the design's success. The dial of the rolex replica uk Submariner is clever, yet easy on the eyes. The black and white design is meant to offer a high contrast for easy reading of the time. The lumed indicators and hands are meant to make it easy to read in the dark. A different style of replica watches sale hour and minute hand are there for legibility, and a special character for the 12 o'clock indicator is meant to make it easy to mentally orient the dial when looking at it from the side. Rolex replica watches uk also uses 18k white gold on the dial for the hands and hour indicators.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com