Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Hope

"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4 (NIV)

Wow! This verse was what I needed to hear today! Life has not been easy the past three months. There has been almost something each day to deal with, and I'm not going to lie, it's been tough. Lately, it's been to the point that I just want to go home. Then God always comes to the rescue and reminds me that my time here in Russia is short and to tread on through all the daily muck and mire.

I often wonder, when another issue/problem arises, why there is so much spiritual opposition? It's not like I am Mother Teresa or Corrie Ten Boom. The work I do here, isn't something that is out of this world amazing. It's simple. I'm a teacher. So, why on earth am I facing so much opposition?

The only answer I've come up with, is that God is using all of these trials to make me seek Him. When I seek Him, I grow as a person and in my walk with Him. I know so far, that He has taught me from people I've come across, to watch out for certain characteristics and behaviors in my own life, to purge of them while I am young and not to let them take root and grow.

I am grateful for what I have learned, but sometimes I just need a break, and today was one of those days.

But God you are ever faithful and You have reminded me yet again that, "we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Toby(my husband) and I have been having the same battles. Lately, it has seemed like the enemy has RELENTLESSLY been on our heels. But, G-D really does always come through and shown us His hand in it all.
Thanks for that scripture, girl! Stay encouraged!

Brooke

Unknown said...

In some ways, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that God is refining! :) I'll be praying for you and Toby, that you'll feel the Father's presence through each trial and that He'll give you the grace and wisdom for each situation! Love ya!! :)

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com